Bowen Technique is a drug-free, non-invasive technique that enables the body to heal itself. The therapy uses a soft-touch approach to encourage the body’s healing process.
Promoting Healing with Bowen Therapy
The technique consists of very precise and gentle moves over muscles (fascia), ligaments, tendons and soft tissue. Bowen restores balance to the body through specific signals sent to the autonomic nervous system via the fascia of the muscle. It compares to a computer’s re-set button. The body is restored to a natural state of symmetry.
Fast and Simple
Often the healing process is so strong that conditions may be dealt with in only one treatment. However, a course of two or three is often needed in order to fully re-balance the body.
Some long-term conditions such as pain management may require on-going maintenance treatments to manage symptoms. To discuss your treatment or condition please call call Alan on: 07966 404950.
What is involved in a Bowen Treatment?
- Initially you will be asked about your health, medication and lifestyle. I will then be able to determine the best course of treatment.
- I will go through the proposed treatment plan with you and ask for your consent.
- The treatment will then commence; performed on a treatment couch, either lying or seated as appropriate. The treatment is performed through light clothing or directly on the skin.
- The treatment usually takes between 30-60 minutes; there will be pauses to the treatment for a few minutes at a time in order to allow the body to respond to the moves that have been made. Bowen therapy is different to most holistic therapies in using such breaks.
- The treatment will end with a short consultation to discuss the results and progress of the treatment.
- Further treatments and follow-ups can then be arranged.
To discuss your personal treatment plan call Alan on 07966 404950 or use the contact form. Each treatment plan is unique and tailored to the individual.